No products in the cart.
Mission statement and Values
How we got here: brief story
Learn with Us
Videos of Past Programs
Student Survey (2022-2023)
Student Survey (2022-2023)
You are receiving this survey because you registered for a New Lehrhaus program.
Please complete the survey whether you attended or not.
Program you registered for:
Andrew Porwancher: The Jewish World of Alexander Hamilton
Jehon Grist/Jim Mavrikios—The Jews of Greece
Ken Blady—Yiddish & Anarchism in America: Shidduch Made in Heaven?
Fred Rosenbaum & Prof. Yong Chen—From Animosity to Solidarity: Jews and Chinese in San Francisco from the Gold Rush to the Present
David & Rachel Biale—Tu Be’Av: The Little-Known Jewish Summer Love Festival
Rabbi Mychal Copeland—Tu Be’Av: The Little-Known Jewish Summer Love Festival
Ken Blady & Manny Yekutiel—A Remedy for the Evil Eye: History of the Jews of Afghanistan
Ilan Vitemberg Memorial Program
Rabbi Sheldon Lewis—The Ground on Which We Stand: Jewish Values Summoning Us To Care For Our Only Home (Introductory Session)
Fiddler on the Roof Singalong with Chinese Dinner Buffet
Ken Blady: Yiddish Reading Salon
Rabbi Molly Karp—Buber and Heschel: Encountering the I-Thou and Articulating the Ineffable
Rabbi Peretz Wolf-Prusan—Readings from the Zohar: Commentary on the Torah Portion
Jehon Grist—Reading the Bible: Josiah’s Three Stories: Kings, Chronicles and Josephus
Rabbi Patricia Karlin-Neumann: Friendship in the Bible and Rabbinic Texts
Rabbi Sheldon Lewis—The Ground on Which We Stand: Jewish Values Summoning Us To Care For Our Only Home
Rabbi Judy Shanks: Yes, I Want to be a Mensch!
Rabbi Peretz Wolf-Prusan—A Taste of Talmud: Introduction to the San Francisco and Lunchtime Community Talmud Circles
Rabbi Peretz Wolf-Prusan—A Taste of Talmud: Introduction to the Palo Alto Community Talmud Circles
Prof. Deena Aranoff—A Taste of Talmud: Introduction to the Berkeley/Marin Community Talmud Circles
Crisis in Israel: What Happened? What’s Next?
Rabbi Peretz Wolf-Prusan: Lunchtime Community Talmud Circle
Deena Aranoff & Rabbi Dorothy Richman: Berkeley/Marin Community Talmud Circle
Rabbi Peretz Wolf-Prusan: San Francisco Community Talmud Circle
Rabbi Peretz Wolf-Prusan: Palo Alto Community Talmud Circle
Jehon Grist: Read Hebrew? Yes You Can!
Jehon Grist: Prayerbook/Biblical Hebrew 1
Kenneth Mann, JD: Key Legal Issues in Israel’s Judicial Reform
Yaron Eliav: A Jew in the Roman Bathhouse
Dr. Jehon Grist—The Jews of Spain: Their Story
Stanley Saitowitz, Susie Coliver and Steve Rajninger & Craig Hartman: Shaping and Experiencing Sacred Spaces
Did you attend this program/series?
1. How would you rate the program overall?
2. As a result of this program (or other New Lehrhaus programs), how likely are you to attend another New Lehrhaus program?
I don't know
3. As a result of this program (or other New Lehrhaus programs), how likely are you to participate in another adult Jewish learning opportunity (besides New Lehrhaus programs)?
I am already deeply involved in Jewish learning.
4. As a result of this program (or other New Lehrhaus programs), how likely are you to participate in another Jewish life experience, e.g. Jewish holiday celebration, Jewish cultural event (besides New Lehrhaus programs)?
I am already deeply involved in Jewish life.
5. Do you identify as any of the following? Check ALL that apply. (If none of the following apply to you, you may simply leave the answer blank. This is not meant to be a comprehensive list of all identity options.)
Jew of color/Asian
Intermarried/living in a dual-faith/dual tradition family or household
Living with disability
From the former Soviet Union (FSU) or Child of FSU parents
Israeli/Child of Israelis
Unaffiliated with any Jewish institutions
6. Please indicate your age range
29 or younger
30 - 39
40 - 49
50 - 59
60 - 69
70 & Up
7. What is your employment status?
Employed full time
Employed part time
8. Have you taken courses in the past with Lehrhaus Judaica or HaMaqom?
Yes: 1-2 programs/courses
Yes: 3-5 programs/courses
Yes: 5 or more programs/courses
9. How many NEW LEHRHUAS programs/courses have you attended?
No, I'm new to New Lehrhaus
5 or more programs/courses
10. Please check the subject areas you are very interested in for future programs:
Jewish History & Society
Traditional Texts (e.g. Bible, Talmud)
Jewish Philosophy & Theology
Religious Practice and Rituals
Jewish Politics/Current events
Music & Theater
Practical Guidance on Creating a Jewish Life
Introduction to Judaism
Language learning (e.g. Hebrew, Yiddish)
11. How did you hear about New Lehrhaus and this program? (Check all that apply.)
New Lehrhaus website or email
J. Weekly email
Email from program instructor/s
Synagogue email or website
A JCC email or website
Another Jewish organization's email or website
Friend/Word of mouth
Other Jewish organization you heard from:
This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.
Your cart is currently empty.